Wednesday, April 2, 2014

My one night stand with BBQ

It could be the most expensive one night stand ever ... Except for those ending with child support ;) ... But this one cost me $40,000 before we even met. 

4 years ago I packed up the boy child and sent him off to college in St Louis. He arrived the same way I arrived, via amtrak. I wonder how he felt going from small town Candor and into a city ... Probably similar to how I felt when I got off the bus in Pittsburgh for culinary school. Anyway, my days are running short in this 30 day adventure but I knew that no matter what I had to see the place he had lived and Gwendolyn apparently had been doing research for school and when she learned of my food adventure immediately said I had to have BBQ in Missouri ... They have always been two peas in a pod. 

So BBQ I did ... With leftovers obviously ... And I think as BBQ joints go I selected a smart one ... They didn't say hey this is St. Louis and only our BBQ exists ... They made it encompass all ... 
Yep dry rubbed and smoked with your choice of sauces ... So damn good ... Even though my heart is a vegetarian 
And no stop has been complete without a local libation ... I am new to the beer realm but as domestic crafts go this was definitely towards the top, if not top of my list. 

With a full tum I head to my hotel to sleep. But I get to see a the arch from another angle as I go. 

Then I awake at dawn and board back up and head back to Chicago to find a bathroom ... Yes that's right a bathroom ... There will of course be a bathroom selfie I mean come on ... Everybody is doing it 



No comments:

Post a Comment