Saturday, March 8, 2014

Bourbon(squared)

Taking it all in ...I've been here before but not like this ....

My promise to myself was try it ... Try it all ... And so I did ... First thing ordered was gator tails ... The chef in me suggests you avoid the dry heat prepared blackened ... Although the flavor was magnificent the texture was nearly unpalatable for me ... I pretty much had to stop chewing (or attempting to) and just swallow it down ... However the deep fried c'est magnifique!!! I accompanied this with some amazing gumbo, crawfish étouffée, and red beans and rice with smoked sausage .... Holy flavor explosions!!! I neglect Cajun and creole as options too frequently ... I must stop doing so immediately 

And then I followed this with what you are expected to do on bourbon st ... Some shenanigans ... Awesome !!!! Bourbon Street (squared) ... At 6 am I notice beads ... Not the set of beads I remember acquiring ... I am lost where did these beads come from and where did my other beads go?!?!?!? ... I ponder ... I do not recall ... Waiting for train I find the beads I remember ... But wait that is 3 sets ... Why do I have 3 sets ... No clue ... But apparently bourbon street was good to me and all is well ... I board train for El Paso ... Shall be another 28 hour stretch ... 

And then I sleep !!! See you soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment