Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Go for the food ... Stay because you can't move



Albuquerque was a foodie paradise ... Well as long as you aren't afraid of heat and I ain't talking sunshine. 
They love their hot sauce ... Spicy is where it's at ... And apparently the hotter the better ... 
... Yep the options available say it all 

If I lived here I had better have a trainer because this food is amazing and not a bit healthy. I enjoyed some amazing machaca served sopaipilla style with rice and beans ... I can't even explain how happy my tastebuds were ... I also tried a breakfast burrito with chorizo and a blue corn pancake ... Today came with some delicious posole and some Navajo fry bread ... Still no words could truly do it justice ... As a foodie, this was a great stop ... As a chef, it was even better ... I never knew there was a New Mexican cuisine ... I hope I find more moments like this along my journey ... I want to know as much as possible about my passion. 

Other than that Albuquerque seems to not be a great place to live ... The first thing I was warned was that locals refer to it as "Disneyland on crack" ... And no they don't mean extra exciting fun ... They mean full of characters drugged up ... I was also told that all there is to do is go to a bar ... And that was followed up with a "it's sad all they do is drink here" ... However I will remember it for the food  ... And the picturesque view ... Because no matter which direction you look you get beautiful mountains in the background 

No comments:

Post a Comment