Sunday, March 9, 2014

It's a beautiful life

It's 7:45am on March 9th ... I have been awake for 2 hours with the excited anticipation of watching the sunrise over Texas ... It has happened and it is beautiful ... I was never so excited to see "nothing" 

I am not even a full 3 days in to my 30 day journey and it has already been remarkable ... It has been 4 months since I became single ... And staying such was neither something I expected nor desired ... But I had lost myself in my relationship and not in a positive way ... Until 3 days ago had you asked if I had found me again I would have answered and undeniable "yes" ... I couldn't have been more wrong ... This journey is already more than I expected it to be each track I roll down ... Each street I walk ... Each meal I savor and study ... I learn more of who I truly am ... and quite frankly I am quite spectacular ...

... This isn't a toot my own horn kind of statement ... It's an embrace my flaws and short comings kind of statement ... And then with the breath of light on this new day, I release them ...

... Today is my gift ... MINE! ... I accept it with all of it's possibilities ... They could be positive or negative I will not know until it is fully unwrapped but what I know is that it is my gift and not yours and I can do with it what I want ... 

In have at least 27 days left in my adventure and I can't begin to explain how I feel inside ... I feel like I have already seen so much and yet I have only just begun ... I have the heart of a child ... I await each new day with that anticipation of a child on Christmas Eve or the day before a new school year ... This is a feeling I have forgotten in life ... We age ... We grow ... We become adults and we forget to embrace life ... I refuse to forget again ... 

I wish this was something you could do also ... But I hope that maybe living vicariously through me brings you even a 10th of my joy ... I vow as a parent to give the gift of this moment to my children ... They need to know this inner peace also 

Today I am exactly where I am supposed to be ... And that has nothing to do with the physical location ... Which as you can see by pictures is absolutely nowhere ... I am within myself and that is an awesome place to be! 


No comments:

Post a Comment