Monday, March 17, 2014

Skip the hype

Massacre me if you must ... But I just didn't feel it. Being a person who has never cared for the acting realm I was unimpressed with most of what Los Angeles had to offer. I spend two days wandering for miles in a city that did nothing for me. 

Food-wise, I had some awesome sliders in Little Tokyo, some pho that I happened across in Koreatown, and then due to it's perfectly placed location some California Pizza Kitchen ... I have learned that Californians love their burgers, their fusion and their "personal sized" pizzas ...  This makes me question how they are so darned fit. 

Teriyaki- sliders with mango salsa 
pho ... With so many always posting when they've had it I have been longing to try it ... I don't want to say I didn't like it, it was tasty, I just don't feel I would opt for it again
What did I find to love? A menu with 400+ whiskeys ... 
Tried a corsair flight because well because quinoa that's why 
Also found this ... Yes this is real and a thing that I have yet to locate outside of the cabo wabo cantina in Hollywood ... I won't give up hope yet though 

Makes sense with all of the ethnic options to create a fusion ... It was well enjoyed 

I guess that was too big for the highway signs ... But to me this speaks volumes ... It may not be this way for everyone, but to me it was an inflated place everyone says you must see and now that I have I can say "I'm just not that into you" ... But at least I escaped just prior to the city being awaken by a 4.4 magnitude earthquake ... Maybe LA was a little shaken up over my lack of love ;) 
But at least I now have me and the Hollywood sign picture for all of posterity 
Oh yes and my required walk of fame picture ... Go Disney greats ;) ... Now I am almost to Albuquerque ... Later gators 







No comments:

Post a Comment